Frequently Asked Questions

When I call your department how are your calls answered?
Our administrative assistant is in the office M-T from 8:30A-4:30P and Friday city hall doors close at 3pm, if she cannot get to your call during business hours she maybe with a customer, have all lines in use or away from her phone. In this case your call switches over to the Calumet County Sheriff’s Department. You can either try back or if you need a police officer tell them what your situation is. Your call is answered the same way after business hours and on weekends if no one is in the office. If you prefer to speak with a Brillion officer, please tell the Calumet County dispatcher this and a BPD officer will return your call as soon as possible.

Does the City of Brillion have a Curfew?
Yes we do here is the excerpt from our ordinance:

No child under the age of 18 years shall loiter, idle or remain upon any street, alley or other public place in the city between 10:00 p.m. on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays and 6:00 a.m. the next day, and between 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, unless such child is accompanied by his parent, guardian or other adult person having legal custody of such child or such child is; In attendance at or enroute to or from 1.Lawful employment 2. A school sanctioned activity. 3. A religious event 4. Any activity protected by the first amendment 5. An emergency involving the protection of a person or property from imminent threat of serious bodily injury or substantial damage. 6. An activity conducted by a nonprofit or governmental entity that provides recreation, education, training or other care under the supervision of one or more adults 7. Transportation within or without the state. Making it necessary for the child to be in such place after the time stated. Curfew on nights preceding non-school days, where the child attends that school, such as spring break, summer vacation, holidays, snow days etc. shall be 12:01 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. the following non-school day. In the example, "snow day" the school district must call school off prior to the normal 10:00 p.m. curfew time for the day affected.

Frequently requested numbers:
Calumet County Sheriff’s Department 849-2335
Calumet County DA’s Office 849-1438
Calumet County Human Services 849-1400
Salvation Army Chilton 849-7856
WI DMV General Questions (608) 261-2583 
City of Brillion Court/Joy 756-2250
East shore Humane Society 849-2390

If I’m locked out of my vehicle does your department respond to help me?
Yes, this is one of the services that we are happy to offer anyone who is locked out of their vehicle in the City of Brillion; you will need to be present for the Officer to provide this service. Please call our non-emergency number 756-2221 for assistance.

If I live just outside of the City of Brillion does the City of Brillion Police Department provide police services to me?
If you live in the Township of Brillion your Police service provider is Calumet County Sheriff’s Department, sometimes we are called to assist by their agency. The Sheriff’s Department # is 920-849-2335.

Does the City of Brillion Police Department service the Village of Reedsville?
Yes we do, the City of Brillion has a contract with the Village of Reedsville for police services. The Reedsville Police Department is located at 217 Menasha St Reedsville 754-4656.

When is the winter parking ban?
The winter parking ban runs from November 15th through April 1st. The ban times are from 1am to 6am except for physicians on emergency calls or persons attending divine services.

Does your department offer a house watch if I’m gone on vacation?
Yes we do. Please call our non-emergency number and speak with our administrative assist to arrange this service.

Can I register my auto or truck at the police department?
Yes, we offer registration of autos, light trucks up to 8,000 pounds, motorcycles and mopeds. Renewals of the same are also a service we offer with issuance of your plate sticker at time of renewal. We do have an electronic fee here associated with these transactions, not determined by the City but by the vendor we transmit under. The electronic fee for a full registration is $19.50 and a renewal is $10.00.

*This an additional service we offer, all law enforce matters may come before vehicle registrations. Please be prepared to wait.

Our terms are Cash, Check, and Money Order all payable to the City of Brillion.

Can you operate an ATV and Golf Cart in the City of Brillion?
Yes! ATV’s and Golf Carts may be operated in the City permitting they are inspected, registered and renewed annually for the City. The inspection fee is $25.00 and the annual renewal fee is $25.00. ATV and Golf Carts are not allowed to run parallel on HWY 10. They are many other important facts you will want to be aware of when operating, please see our full application and brochures.  This is meant to be a fun, cost saving activity for all!