Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat in the City of Brillion will be held on Monday, October 31, 2016 between the hours of 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. With the help of all, it can be a safe and joyful Halloween in the Brillion Community.
Are you Registered to Vote?
To vote in Wisconsin you must be registered to vote. Voters must reside at their address for at least 10 days before Election Day in order to register to vote. Voters who have moved within Wisconsin less than 10 days before the election must vote from their previous address, either by absentee ballot or at the polling place. You must provide a Proof of Residence Document when registering to vote in Wisconsin. A Proof of Residence Document is a document that proves the address where you live in Wisconsin. If you have legally changed your name or have moved to a new address, then you will need to update your voter record by submitting a new voter registration. If you are unsure if you are registered to vote or if your address is current on your voter registration, chieck your registration status at www.MyVote.wi.gov.
The following are important dates for voters to be aware of for voter registration for the November 8, 2016 General Election:
- Deadline to Register by Mail. Your voter registration form, along with Proof of Residence must be postmarked to your Municipal Clerk no later than October 19, 2016.
- Deadline to Register in your Municipal Clerk's office. Voters may register in-person in the Municipal Clerk's office during the Clerk's business hours no later then November 4, 2016.
- Register to vote at your polling place. Voters can register to vote at their polling place on Election Day, November 8, 2016. Please be prepared with Proof of Residence Documentation.
Absentee Voting for the November 8, 2016 General Election
All voters in Wisconsin can request an absentee ballot be mailed to them for any reason. Voters must be registered before they can request an absentee ballot. Voters may request their absentee ballot in writing. Voters must provide a photo ID with your absentee ballot request.
The following are important dates for voters to be aware of for voting absentee for the November 8, 2016 General Election:
- Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot by Mail. If the request is made by mail it must be in the office of the Municipal Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2016. This is the last day a Clerk can mail an absentee ballot to an elector.
- Deadline for In-Person Absentee Voting. Voters can now request and vote an absentee ballot in-perso in the Municipal Clerk's office through 3:00 p.m. on November 4, 2016. Office hours may vary. Please contact the Municipal Clerk's office for absentee voting hours.
- Deadline to Return Absentee Ballot. If you have already received an absentee ballot you must return by mail your absentee ballot to your Municipal Clerk. Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Electrion Day. The U.S. Postal Service recommends absentee ballots be mailed one week before Election Day to arrive in time.
JOB SEARCH INFORMATION
Due to the number of jobs lost through the Brillion Iron Works closing the City asked the Fox Valley Workforce Development Board for some information that we might make available to the community. Please click on "Resume Document" to download the information provided. We would also encourage you to take advantage of the services provided through the Fox Valley Workforce Development Board and their workforce partners.
2016 DOWNTOWN FARMERS MARKET
The Brillion Downtown Farmers Market will continue to be held in the HUB parking lot and sponsored by the City of Brillion RDA. There is no charge to set up and sale your produce, bake goods, or crafts. No spots are assigned but it is on a first-come basis, but there is plenty of room for all interested in selling at the Brillion Downtown Farmers Market. There is consideration of closing off Jackson Street during the weekly event in order to provide more space for events. The Market will be every Saturday morning and open to all beginning in June through October.
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl Welch, Community Development Director/RDA Coordinator at 920-756-2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noxious Weeds and Grass Notice
Section 102-31, Declared Health Nuisance, of the City of Brillion Municipal Code states: All noxious weeds and other rank growth of vegetation are declared public health nuisances. All weeds and grass shall be kept cut to a height of not to exceed one foot.
Any person found in violation of the provisions of this article shall begiven written notice by the City requiring compliance with the provisions of this article. The notice shall include a description of the conditions, the location or address of the item(s) in violaiton, and that failure to comply with the provisions of this article may result in the City to cause all weeds and grass to be cut and removed and brush to be removed and the cost thereof charged to the property under Wis. Stat. 66.60(16). The notice shall specify a time for compliance, generally not to exceed five days. Notice is not required for second and subsequent violations occurring within a one-year period of the first violation of this section.
Section 82-11, Unlawful Dumping on Street, of the City of Brillion Municipal Code states: It shall be unlawful for any person to deposit or cause to be deposited, dump, sort, scatter or leave any rubbish, stone, wire, earth, ashes, cinders, sawdust, hay, glass, manure, filth, paper, snow, ice, dirt, grass, leaves, construction waste, garbage or there offensive or noxious material in any public street, sidewalk, alley, or upon any public property or upon any property of another, without the express permission of the owner or occupant thereof.
2016 CURBSIDE LEAF PICKUP
Curbside leaf pickup will begin in the City of Brillion the week of October 17, 2016 and will end November 11, 2016 or with the first snow fall, whichever occurs first. The schedule is listed below and may change from time to time depending on collection demands.
- Monday - Wards 1 & 2
- Tuesday - Ward 3
- Thursday - Ward 4
When raking leaves into the street, please place them into shallow/small piles along the curb line, one foot away from the curb if possible. Leaves in the terrace area will not be picked up.
Please do not mix branches, limbs or brush with the leaves, for they clog the street sweeper. If you wish to get rid of the leaves in a timelier manner, you may take them to the City Compost Site.
Calumet County 2016 Hazardous Waste and Electronics Disposal Schedule
NEW RECYCLING CONTAINERS
- Also, your recycling schedule remains the same as the past.
- Please do not put your grocery plastic bags in the recycle carts.
- For more information please click on the Advance Disposal link : http://www.advanceddisposal.com/for-mother-earth/recycling-tips-trivia/recycle-right.aspx
TOURISM COMMITTEE FUNDING AVAILABLE:
EXCITING NEWS!!! The Brillion Tourism Committee is providing an opportunity for non-profit organizations to apply for project funding related to tourism activities. Click Here for
Funding Application Form. Click Here for Room Tax Policy Form. The deadline for the application November 30, 2016 by 3:00 PM.
Contact Cheryl Welch, Community Development Director/RDA Coord. with any questions at 920-756-2250 or email@example.com.
CITY FEE SCHEDULE
Please click the link below to access the new City Fee Schedule:
Upcoming Election Dates for 2016
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016 - General Election
Learn about Wisconsin's Voter Photo ID Law at BringIt.Wisconsin.gov..