CITY HALL OFFICE HOURS
Mondays - Thursdays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Are You Registered to Vote?
To vote in Wisconsin you must be registered to vote. Voters must reside at their address for at least 10 consecutive days before Election Day in order to register to vote. Voters who have moved within Wisconsin less than 10 days before the election must vote from their previous address, either by absentee ballot or at the polling place. You must provide a Proof of Residence Document when registering to vote in Wisconsin. A Proof of Residence Document is a document that proves the address where you live in Wisconsin. If you have legally changed your name or have moved to a new address, then you will need to update your voter record by submitting a new voter registration. If you are unsure if you are registered to vote or if your address is current on your voter registration, check your registration status at www.MyVote.wi.gov.
The following are important dates for voters to be aware of for voter registration for the November 6, 2018 General Election:
- Deadline to Register by Mail. Your voter registration form, along with Proof of Residence must be postmarked to your municipal clerk no later than October 17, 2018.
- Deadline to Register in your Municipal Clerk’s Office. Voters may register in-person in their municipal clerk’s office during the clerk’s business hour no later than November 2, 2018.
- Register to vote at your polling place. Voters can register to vote at their polling place on Election Day, November 6, 2018. Please be prepared with Proof of Residence Documentation.
Absentee Voting for the November 8, 2016 General Election:
All voters in Wisconsin can request an absentee ballot be mailed to them for any reason. Voters must be registered before they can request an absentee ballot. Voters may request their absentee ballot in writing. Voters must provide a photo ID with your absentee ballot request.
The following are important dates for voters to be aware of for voting absentee for the November 6, 2018 General Election:
- Deadline to Request an Absentee Ballot by Mail. If the request is made by mail it must be in the office of the Municipal Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. Thursday, November 1, 2018. This is the last day a Clerk can mail an absentee ballot to an elector.
- Deadline for In-Person Absentee Voting. Voters can now request and vote an absentee ballot in-person in their municipal clerk’s office through 3:00 pm on Friday, November 2, 2018. Office hours vary by municipality. Please contact your Municipal Clerk for absentee voting hours.
- Deadline to Return Absentee Ballot. If you have already received an absentee ballot you must return by mail your absentee ballot to your municipal clerk. Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day. The U.S. Postal Service recommends absentee ballots be mailed one week before Election Day to arrive in time.
October 15 the City started leaf pickup. Pick up dates are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on where you live in the City.
PLEASE NOTE: There was a mistake on the Utility bills. The due date should read October 15 (not the 13th).
City of Brillion Trick or Treat will be held October 31st from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Please be extra aware of children as you are driving around town.
2019 Garbage/Recycling rates have been posted. Take a look under the RESIDENTS tab (at the top) and click on Garbage/Recycling. These rates will be on your 2018 tax bill.
Winter Parking Ban:
The City Winter Parking Ban will be in effect November 15, 2018 until April 1, 2019. There is no parking on City streets between 1:00 am and 6:00 am. Exceptions are to attend religious services and for physicians on emergency calls. The fine for parking overnight on City street during the City Winter Parking Ban is $25.00.
Overnight parking permission can be obtained by calling the Brillion Police Department and providing your vehicle information and location.
PLEASE do not overfill your garbage cans. Overfilling garbage cans have been leading to trash in our city streets. Please help us keep Brillion beautiful!
Remember to get your dog and/or cat license for 2019 in December.
Before April 1 - $3 for spayed/neutered pets, $8 for non-spayed/neutered
After April 1 - an additional $5 penalty fee added
The first installment or full payment of the 2018 property tax is due to the City Clerk/Treasurer by Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 130 Calumet Street, Brillion. Second installments are due to the Calumet County Treasurer by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
Please note: Mortgage escrow checks must be paid directly to the City Treasurer to be applied to the property tax bill. If a refund is due, the Treasurer will send a refund check to the property owners. The City Treasurer will not endorse mortgage escrow checks over to the property owners.
Large Item Pickup
Items too large to fit into the polycart garbage container, such as furniture, will be collected on Tuesdays, only if a sticker is attached. Stickers may be purchased from City Hall during regular business hours. Stickers must be purchased by 12:00 noon on Friday in order to be picked up the following Tuesday. Stickers for appliances WITHOUT FREON such as stoves, washers, dryers, furniture, carpeting, etc. are $25.00 per item. Items containing freon and electronics will not be accepted.
Compost Site Reminder:
Yard waste includes all materials originating in the yard and garden, which are capable of natural decomposition, including leaves, grass clippings, and other vegetation. Please do not leave boxes and bags at the compost site. These materials will not readily decompose. Please do not dispose of garbage, white goods, recyclables, construction materials or tires at the compost site. These items may be disposed through Advanced Disposal (888-688-4005). Also, please do not dispose of recreational fire pit ashes. The ashes might be warm enough to ignite the brush pile. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Garbage and Recycling Schedule - October & November 2018:
Garbage colleciton for the City of Brillion is picked up weekly every Wednesday. Recycling materials will be picked up bi-weekly, alternate sides of the City. The Recycling Schedule is as follows:
West of Main Street: East of Main Street:
October 10, 24 October 3, 17, 31
November 7, 21 November 14, 28
Reminder: Please do not over fill your garbage barrel. This may cause garbage to spill out onto the street while the garbage truck is emptying the barrel. If you need your garbage or recycling barrel replaced or have questions regarding the Garbage and Recylcing Collection Schedule, please contact Brillion City Hall at 920-756-2250.
CITY FEE SCHEDULE
Please click the link below to access the new City Fee Schedule:
THE CITY OF BRILLION WATERWORKS ANNUAL CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT